New course proposals – complete New Course Proposal Form (click here).
Existing approved course outlines – revisions to an existing CIAS course outline, follow these steps:
1. Email Terie DeClerck, CIAS Scheduling Officer, and request a word version (docx) of the course outline.
2. Make your proposed revisions using “TRACK CHANGES”.
3. Sign the CIAS Curriculum Cover Form and email along with the approved revised course outline to your school’s curriculum committee representative.
Significant Course Modifications and Special Designations
- Proposals for significant course modifications, or courses proposed for special designation (Gen ed, Writing Intensive or Study Abroad) is submitted to the School’s Curriculum Representative by the program chair
- Program Chair must sign CIAS Curricula cover form before submitting
- The School’s Curriculum Representative will forward and notify the School’s Curriculum Committee/Administrative Chair for that the course revisions are ready for review.
- Curriculum Representative must sign CIAS Curricula cover form before submitting
- Once the course revisions are approved, the School’s Administrative Chair signs and dates the Curricula Cover Form. The Admins Chair forwards the approved revised course outline and Curricula Cover form back to the School’s Curriculum Representative.
- School’s Curriculum Committee the School’s Curriculum Representative will upload the revised course outline to the College Curriculum Committee file-share. The representative will notify Scheduling Officer (Terie DeClerck) and CIAS Undergraduate Curriculum Committee Chair, Barb Birkett and/or CIAS Graduate Curriculum Committee Chair, Chris Jackson that the file is ready to be reviewed.
Examples of significant course modifications include:
course title, course number, prerequisites, components (class type), contact hour change (see CIAS CIAS Curriculum Cover Form for complete list)
Minor Course Modifications
- Proposals for minor course modifications will be submitted to the school’s Curriculum Representative.
- School’s Curriculum Representative will forward to Administrative Chair for review and approval. For minor modifications, the school administrative chair is the final approval agency. Notification of any action is sent to the CIAS Undergraduate Curriculum Committee Chair, Barb Birkett and/or CIAS Graduate Curriculum Committee Chair, Chris Jackson.
- Administrative Chair will forward approved course modification and curriculum cover form to School’s Curriculum Representative for placement in CIAS Undergraduate or Graduate Curriculum my_shares folder and notify Scheduling Officer (Terie DeClerck).
Examples of minor modifications to a course include:
term offered, course description, repeat for credit (see CIAS Curriculum Cover Form for complete list)
See Curriculum Timeline for effective dates.