Welcome back for the 2012-2013 Academic Year. Here is a short list of the major changes for this academic year. If you have any questions, please submit a ticket online at http://cias-helpdesk.rit.edu.
Free Software for Students:
- Go Here and join the Autodesk Community to Access Free* student downloads http://students.autodesk.com/
- Macs — All computers are moving to Mac OS X Lion 10.7.x. Mountain Lion is on hold until further notice.
- PCs — Windows 7 (no change)
- Adobe Suite — All versions have been updated to the latest release of 6.0.
- Apple Final Cut Pro — FCP 7 is no longer available and has been removed. FCP X is now the standard Apple Pro editing suite
- AutoDesk Software — 2013 versions will be deployed to the labs for the start of Fall. Please make a request for the software to be applied to your computer.
- Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac — Installed in all Mac labs. It is recommeneded that users of 2008 be updated at their earliest convenience. Please make an appointment via http://cias-helpdesk.rit.edu
- Mac Pro 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon w/ 8 GB RAM and 24″ NEC displays
*Free products are subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license and services agreement that accompanies the software. The software is for personal use for education purposes and is not intended for classroom or lab use.
Popular Software Suites
Lab Hardware Upgrades
Fine Art Grad Lab