Welcome back for the 2011-2012 Academic Year. Here is a short list of the major changes for this academic year. If you have any questions, please submit a ticket online at http://cias-helpdesk.rit.edu.
- Macs — will remain on Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Mac OS X LION is on hold until incompatibilities with key software suites are resolved.
- PCs — Windows 7
Popular Software Suites
- Adobe Suite — All versions have been updated to the latest release of 5.5. Mac users will be notified before installation starts. Windows users have to make an appointment for update to be applied.
- Apple Final Cut Pro — FCP 7 will remain in the labs where it was installed before. FCP X will be added to New Media Lab and various SOFA areas. If you would like more information, please ask by submitting a ticket online.
- AutoDesk Software — 2012 versions will be deployed to the labs for the start of Fall. Please make a request for the software to be applied to your computer.
- Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac — Installed in all Mac labs. It is recommeneded that users of 2008 be updated at their earliest convenience. Please make an appointment via http://cias-helpdesk.rit.edu
Lab Hardware Upgrades